For Victims & Families
Learning about a cancer diagnosis is understandably shocking and overwhelming. Such news can bring about physical, emotional, and financial stress for the entire family. Our Indianapolis mesothelioma attorneys and staff are here to help those who are looking for helpful resources. In addition to adding information and cutting edge news about these diseases and treatment on our website, we work diligently to be a resource for our clients when they need us twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
“Losing a loved one is hard enough and George & Farinas stood by my side through it all. They saw justice was served. I would not have trusted any other firm to do it.”- John
Finding a Treatment Center
Treatment options for mesothelioma and asbestos disease include surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy. Many doctors prefer to combine two or more of these treatments. The most regarded treatment centers attract patients from across the country. Renowned for their cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking research, these centers connect patients with a multidisciplinary team of physicians with years of experience in treating asbestos cancer. Our Indianapolis asbestos attorneys have worked with renowned doctors from the nation's largest and top cancer centers including: Brigham and Women's International Mesothelioma Program in Massachusetts, The Cleveland Clinic, the Mayo Clinic and the University of Chicago in Illinois. We have also worked with hospitals throughout all of Indiana.
Cutting Edge Research
Funding for mesothelioma research falls far short of that for other cancers, but new drugs and treatment options are facilitated through important clinical trials. These experimental studies are small and controlled opportunities for scientists to develop effective chemotherapy drugs like Cisplatin and Carboplatin. New cutting-edge clinical trials are being introduced all the time at cancer centers around the world. Our attorneys work diligently to stay knowledgeable about these treatments and research
A number of dietary changes can affect an asbestos cancer patient's life expectancy. Considering nutrition in the treatment plan could have positive impacts on pain, stress levels and response to treatment. While the attorneys and staff at George & Farinas, LLP are not doctors or dieticians, we have worked with clients for years and learned tips and tricks about what types of food and drink are most agreeable to patients suffering from cancer.
If you or a loved one have been told you are victim of terminal cancer, illness, or serious injury we are here to provide information, advice and assistance. Contact our experienced staff and Indiana asbestos attorneys today.
Questions to begin the conversation include:
- What is your diagnosis?
What stage is the disease? Has it been diagnosed early, mid progression,
or in a later stage?
- Stage l = Cancer is localized. Surgery may be able to remove tumors and prognosis is highest.
- Stage ll = Cancer has spread beyond point of origin. Surgery may still be an option, but life expectancy is decreased.
- Stage lll = Cancer has progressed to advanced stage of development. Palliative treatments to ease symptoms may be considered.
- Stage lV = Cancer has spread to distant locations. Palliative treatments can improve comfort, but life expectancy is severely decreased
- What type of cancer do you have, specifically: what is the cell type?
- Can it be determined/ if the cancer is isolated or if it has spread to lymph nodes, other organs?
- What treatment options do they recommend for the type and stage you have? Why?
What are the chemotherapy options?
- What are the names of names the drugs involved?
- Length of treatment (# days/week/month)?
- How many cycles recommended?
- What will the benefit be to proceeding with chemotherapy vs. side effects?
- If surgical options discussed, important to understand all aspects of the surgery, post operative care, recuperation, and additional treatments that may follow such as chemotherapy.
- What procedures will your insurance cover, costs, co-pays, etc.
Contact our team of experienced attorneys today to learn more!